Software Tips - Sage Business Cloud Accounting
Earlier this month our Sage Business Cloud Accounting Specialist, Joanne Whittingham, shared her experience of Sage Business Cloud Accounting. From this
video the benefits of Sage Business Cloud Accounting are clear.
This week we want to take a deep dive into Sage Business Cloud Accounting and share with you our top tips to ensure that those of you using the software are obtaining the most out of it.
- Use Sage Business Cloud Accounting to raise your sales invoices and directly e-mail them to customers. Your sales invoices will reach your customers more quickly and you will get paid quicker.
- Use a purchase invoice automation tool to quickly and easily capture purchase invoices and expense receipts.
- Set-up direct bank feeds which will automatically download bank transactions into Sage Business Cloud Accounting. Doing this will allow you to keep on top of your bank reconciliation on a daily basis and you will know exactly who owes you money and who you owe money to.
- Make the most of the cash flow feature which will give you an insight into your short term cash.
- Set up default account codes and tax codes for each customer and supplier. Not only will this save you time coding each transaction, but will also ensure your transactions are consistently coded.
- Make the most of the valuable help and support articles so you can get the most out of your Sage Business Cloud Accounting.
These top tips focus on Sage Business Cloud Accounting itself. Sage Business Cloud Accounting can be connected to other apps to create a fully connected accounting system. For more information on what can be achieved, you can visit our guides here.
In the coming weeks we will be sharing our top tips on getting the most out of Sage 50, and if you use Xero online accounting software you can see our tips here.
In the meantime, if you would like a review of your processes or would like to chat through how we can help you with your cloud accounting needs then please get in touch with our Digital Services Manager, Sarah Smith, at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01942 292527 or arrange a call or Zoom using this scheduling link.